Hey everyone! I’m so sorry I haven’t posted in forever, but I’m back now!
drop waist dress (homemade), bag (Topshop), boots (H&M), frilly socks (Topshop)
I picked out some fabric and asked my grandma to make me a drop waist dress, and she did it. Just like that, in three days, I had a new dress. I’m so happy I have a grandma who’s good at this type of stuff. So yeah, I picked flowers from the grass at school and made a crown, which by the way, is the most useful thing I learned in elementary school. I remember making flower chains all the time. The dress looks huge and bulky when its hanging from the closet, but when I put it on it has the perfect loose fit.
Hey long time no see! Today I have a little OOTD that I actually took awhile ago, but haven’t gotten around to posting till now. The title is from Nina Nesbitt’s Stay Out. I was feeling very vintage that day, so it seemed fitting.
I’m to the point where if I’m wearing something on the girlier side, i feel the need for my docs to tone it down.
Also, V-neck Tshirts! My new ultimate staple. I have a few and i wear them ALL the time.
I have found my old school style acid washed jeans! I was so surprised that I actually found awesome jeans that fit well at Forever 21. It seems like all I ever wear these days is plain black or white stuff. I don’t know man, I’m digging the whole classic look. And of course I have my pink satchel, it follows me everywhere!
I spent the day with my family picking out flowers and vegetables to grow out on my balcony and family backyard. I think I have fallen deeply in love with succulents, no joke. The garden section at Home Depot has great visuals of some pretty nature stuff.
Lots of Love,
I usually don’t do posts like this, but I really felt the need for this post.
I read the book, and LOVED IT! But something about seeing it in a physical form really got to me. I’ve wathced this perhaps 100 times, and sobbed, literally SOBBED every. single. time. Whew, I’m gonna be a mess when I see the whole movie.
This is a post I should have made in September of 2013, which was when I first began to see black ankle boots take over everyone’s lives. I fell in love from the very beginning and couldn’t stop eyeing them on Tumblr. There’s a lot of variations to this ankle length boot. There’s some hardcore metal strap ones that ooze with punk rock and other simple ones that give you that minimalist edge. I love them all. Here’s some that inspired me to get my own:
So after a month or so of looking from afar, it was time for me to get my own pair. I searched EVERYWHERE, but the more I looked, the harder it was to find exactly what I wanted. It was either too chunky, too slim, or the wrong time of material. Plus, there was the added problem of expense. I would find the perfect pair online only to discover it was $300 and only came in size 12 #thestruggle. Anyways, I was in the week long process of trying to convince my mom that $100 boots from Topshop would be a great investment when I went on a road trip. In the most unlikely of places, I went to a shopping mall in Phoenix, Arizona, headed straight into H&M, and saw one pair of black chelsea boots left in size 7. Now that is what I call searching high and low. Here’s some pics of me wearing my precious little babies:
This has definitely become a staple in my wardrobe so be expecting to see ‘them booties’ all the time now.
Are you ready for a funny story? yes? ok. When I was younger I refused to wear nailpolish because for some reason I hated the way it felt on my nails. I described is as feeling like “my nails were sweating”. Yeah. Thankfully I got over that, and here are the nailpolishes that I just can’t get enough of. (all these nailpolishes are sinful color because they are my favorite brand. They are cheap and really good quality)
1. Dream On: This is the bright purple color. I don’t know what it is about it, but i love this color. Its really bright for my usual taste, but if I’m going to wear bright nailpolish, it’s going to be this one.
2. Secret Admirer: This is black with silver glitter. I’m generally not one for sparkly nail polish, but I love this. I have a friend who always wears black nailpolish, (you know who you are :D), and she inspired me to try this, however I am not quite comfortable with going with completely straight up black, so this is a perfect alternative.
3. Easy Going: This is a white nailpolish with a hint of pink. I love white nailpolish, and the slight pinky tone makes it look a little less chalky. I pretty much only wore white nailpolish all summer, but I like this better now.
4. Rich in Heart: This is black with red shimmer. Another black nailpolish alternative, I love how this looks dofferent in different lights. It’s just so pretty!
5. Sally Hansen Double Duty: I use this as a top and bottom coat, and It does the job. It’s not amazing, but pretty good.